CSSANZ Nurses Award23-03-2017
Diana Hayes has won the 2017 CSSANZ Nurses Award
There were six submissions for this year’s award. The submissions were ranked by the three members of the Public Relations Committee, based on the selection criteria. The winning submission was the unanimous winner - Diana Hayes whose entry came in two parts: Part 1: Low Anterior Resection Syndrome (LARS): A nursing review of the literature; and Part 2: Anterior Resection. Understanding your operation and beyond. Patient Information Booklet.
To promote the collegiate relationship between nursing and medical professionals involved in the specialty of colorectal surgery, the CSSANZ will award a scholarship for a nurse to attend The Colorectal Spring Meeting. In 2017 the meeting will be held 17-18 November in Sydney, Australia.
The scholarship will cover registration to the annual CSSANZ Spring Meeting, an economy class airfare to the venue, accommodation and A$500. The winner is presented with the certificate & cheque at the meeting, but is not required to make a presentation as part of the Award.
Applicants must be:
- Currently registered by their relevant professional body in either Australia or NZ
- Currently working in the field of colorectal surgery in Australia or NZ
- Able to attend the CSSANZ Spring Meeting within or outside Australia.
Submit an article suitable for publication in a Nursing Journal. The article should cover a colorectal topic and may be in the form of, but not limited to:
- A clinical case study.
- Research project.
- Book review not previously published.
- Educational poster or teaching tool.
- Professional issue pertinent to Colorectal Surgery.
The judges’ decision will be final and based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to nursing and colorectal surgery
- Demonstrated integration of theory and practice
- Suitability for publication
Previous years winners:
- 2017 Diana Hayes
- 2016 Diana Hayes
- 2015 Amanda Richardson
- 2014 Esther Menzi & Deborah Perry
- 2013 Anne Tottle
- 2012 Ian Whiteley
- 2011 Deborah Perry & Esther Menzi
- 2010 Kara Torney (Aust) &Judith Warren (NZ)
- 2009 Lawrence Mutale (NZ) & Sandra Hyde-Smith (Aust)
- 2008 Helen Kennedy
- 2007 Carolynne Partridge