CSSANZ Nurses Award10-09-2021
2021 WINNER ANNOUNCED
WINNER FOR 2021 IS JULIE TUCKER for her Research Article: Understanding what impacts on disclosing anal incontinence for women when comparing bowel-screening tools: a phenomenological study.
To promote the collegiate relationship between nursing and medical professionals involved in the specialty of colorectal surgery, the CSSANZ will award a scholarship for a nurse to attend The CME Meeting being held in Adelaide, SA on 10th & 11th September 2021.
The scholarship will cover registration to the Spring Meeting, an economy class airfare to the venue, accommodation and A$500. The winner is presented with the certificate & cheque at the meeting, but is not required to make a presentation as part of the Award.
Applicants must be:
- Currently registered by their relevant professional body in either Australia or NZ
- Currently working in the field of colorectal surgery in Australia or NZ
- Able to attend the CSSANZ Spring Meeting within or outside Australia.
Submit an article suitable for publication in a Nursing Journal. The article should cover a colorectal topic and may be in the form of, but not limited to:
- A clinical case study.
- Research project.
- Book review not previously published.
- Educational poster or teaching tool.
- Professional issue pertinent to Colorectal Surgery.
The judges’ decision will be final and based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to nursing and colorectal surgery
- Demonstrated integration of theory and practice
- Suitability for publication
Previous years winners:
- 2020 Award withheld
- 2019 Rebecca Howson
- 2018 Naomi Houston
- 2017 Diana Hayes
- 2016 Diana Hayes
- 2015 Amanda Richardson
- 2014 Esther Menzi & Deborah Perry
- 2013 Anne Tottle
- 2012 Ian Whiteley
- 2011 Deborah Perry & Esther Menzi
- 2010 Kara Torney (Aust) &Judith Warren (NZ)
- 2009 Lawrence Mutale (NZ) & Sandra Hyde-Smith (Aust)
- 2008 Helen Kennedy
- 2007 Carolynne Partridge