CSSANZ Nurses Award 201907-02-2019
Closing date for 2019 is Monday 2nd September. Information Flyer and Application Form available now.
To promote the collegiate relationship between nursing and medical professionals involved in the specialty of colorectal surgery, the CSSANZ will award a scholarship for a nurse to attend The Colorectal Spring Meeting. The 2019 meeting will be held in Hobart, Tasmania, 24-26 October.
The scholarship will cover registration to the annual CSSANZ Spring Meeting, an economy class airfare to the venue, accommodation and A$500. The winner is presented with the certificate & cheque at the meeting, but is not required to make a presentation as part of the Award.
Applicants must be:
- Currently registered by their relevant professional body in either Australia or NZ
- Currently working in the field of colorectal surgery in Australia or NZ
- Able to attend the CSSANZ Spring Meeting within or outside Australia.
Submit an article suitable for publication in a Nursing Journal. The article should cover a colorectal topic and may be in the form of, but not limited to:
- A clinical case study.
- Research project.
- Book review not previously published.
- Educational poster or teaching tool.
- Professional issue pertinent to Colorectal Surgery.
The judges’ decision will be final and based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to nursing and colorectal surgery
- Demonstrated integration of theory and practice
- Suitability for publication
Previous years winners:
- 2018 Naomi Houston
- 2017 Diana Hayes
- 2016 Diana Hayes
- 2015 Amanda Richardson
- 2014 Esther Menzi & Deborah Perry
- 2013 Anne Tottle
- 2012 Ian Whiteley
- 2011 Deborah Perry & Esther Menzi
- 2010 Kara Torney (Aust) &Judith Warren (NZ)
- 2009 Lawrence Mutale (NZ) & Sandra Hyde-Smith (Aust)
- 2008 Helen Kennedy
- 2007 Carolynne Partridge