CSSANZ Nurses Award06-03-2023
CALLING ALL STOMA NURSES - we are ready to accept your 2023 applications.
Closing date is Monday 4 September 2023
Nurses Award Application form 2023
AWARD DETAIL (please read full instructions on the Application Form):
Purpose: To promote the collegiate relationship between nursing and medical professionals involved in the specialty of colorectal surgery, the CSSANZ will award a scholarship for a successful applicant to attend The CME Meeting being held in the Gold Coast 17-18 November 2023.
Award value: The scholarship will cover registration to the Spring Meeting, an economy class airfare to the venue, accommodation and A$500. The winner is presented with the certificate & cheque at the meeting, but is not required to make a presentation as part of the Award.
Eligibility Criteria: Applicants must be:
- Currently registered by their relevant professional body in either Australia or NZ
- Currently working in the field of colorectal surgery in Australia or NZ
- Able to attend the CSSANZ Spring Meeting within or outside Australia.
Process: Submit an article suitable for publication in a Nursing Journal. The article should cover a colorectal topic and may be in the form of, but not limited to:
- A clinical case study.
- Research project.
- Book review not previously published.
- Educational poster or teaching tool.
- Professional issue pertinent to Colorectal Surgery.
Selection Criteria: The judges’ decision will be final and based on the following criteria:
- Appropriateness to nursing and colorectal surgery
- Demonstrated integration of theory and practice
- Suitability for publication
Previous years winners:
- 2022 Kelly Vickers
- 2021 Julie Tucker
- 2020 Award withheld
- 2019 Rebecca Howson
- 2018 Naomi Houston
- 2017 Diana Hayes
- 2016 Diana Hayes
- 2015 Amanda Richardson